Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Churches

St Francis Xavier Church before clock tower was built.
Fourth Street. Street car in front of church. Card is dated 1907.
Catholic Church and Convent. Fourth Street. Circa: 1915
1915 view of St. Francis Xavier Church.
The Old Jewish Temple, located across from Catholic Church
on 4th Street. Card dated 1910.
The old  Saint James Episcopal Church, located in downtown Alexandria
before new church was built on Bolton Avenue.
Card is dated  1910.
The new Saint James Episcopal Church located today on Bolton
Avenue. This postcard is from the early 1940's.

Presbyterian Church. Alexandria, La.
Dated 1926.
First Presbyterian Church. The building is located
behind the Rapides Parish School Board Offices today.
Card is dated 1923.
Emmanuel Baptist Church, first building at the corner of
 Jackson and 4th Streets. Early 1920's.
Current Emmanuel Baptist Church Building.
Same location as old church. Card is dated 1970.
Old First Methodist Church located at Jackson
and 7th Streets in Alexandria. This is a 1940's postcard.
This is the religious education building of the First Methodist Church.
This building was on the right side of the church on Jackson.
It no longer stands.  Circa: 1940's.
Calvary Baptist Church.. Jackson Street  near Bolton Avenue.
This church has moved further down Jackson to a new location.
It was torn down a number of years ago. This postcard is from the 1940's.
The Lutheran Service Center. Alexandria, La.
A WW-2 Postcard.
Army & Navy Masonic Service Center.
Masonic Temple. Alexandria, La. 1940's